Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have liked the looks of the Aviators since they came out. But 125 is a bit too much for me. Now they are having a sale, where

(1) if you buy one pair get another pair for 100$.

or

(2) Buy one and get a free hard goggle case.

or

(3) buy 1 and you get an extra lense of your choice.

That sounds like a good deal to me. I was just wondering how they compare to the sinisters? Do y'all think they are worth the money?

· Super Moderator
11,873 Posts
Personally, I don't think ANY goggle is worth 3 figures. I've spent $75 on a pair, and I thought that was too much also.

With that being said, I've read mixed reviews on the Aviators. It seems that the opinions on them are as uniform as they are with any goggle...some people love them, some people hate them. Everybody has different preferences.

· Registered
410 Posts
i always test them before i buy any goggles if they dont let you open them before buying.....go somewhere else and try them but i love the Oakley o frames but i like the looks of 509 frames it is sweet but i have to try them first.

my goggles are this

· Registered
3,226 Posts
I seen a promo for the goggles on youtube and i must say they do look a little weird to me. I think I am going to try dragon, spy,utopia, or von zipper this upcoming season. but if i want to wear something called aviators i will put a pair of aviator sunglasses on. I tried that last month and it was a little cold

· Registered
2,957 Posts
I've actually seen more bad than good about them. Although I really do like my 509's quite a bit, next season I will be back to scott with another set of 89xi's.

· Registered
759 Posts
Quinlan said:
Personally, I don't think ANY goggle is worth 3 figures. I've spent $75 on a pair, and I thought that was too much also.

With that being said, I've read mixed reviews on the Aviators. It seems that the opinions on them are as uniform as they are with any goggle...some people love them, some people hate them. Everybody has different preferences.
1000% agree...

I have an OLD pair of $50 Scotts and I cried when I spent that much...they have been good goggels to me since '01....

cant really complain about them at all...

· Registered
455 Posts
My cousin has a pair. Every day we rode, he would start with the aviators. Thinking that would be the day the aviators would be trouble free, WRONG! He would end up going back to the sinster goggles he has, and no problems. The aviators fogged up way to easy, while the sinster wouldn't fog once.

Quinlan I agree 3 figures is a lot. Don't know if anyone has posted these, but I almost fell out of my chair when I heard these are $350-$450 http://reconinstruments.com/company.htm Thats a lot to find out they fog easy.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Quinlan said:
Personally,[highlight=red] I don't think ANY goggle is worth 3 figures. I've spent $75 on a pair, and I thought that was too much also[/highlight=red].

I agree. My Scotts were 70 bucks and I thought that was a little pricy. They are nice as hell though and don't fog/freeze! I've had smiths before and did'nt really like them. I think i'll stick with Scott's from now on. Scott has some pretty nice looking ones that just came out with killer decals, I forgot what magazine I saw them in...i'd look into those.

· Registered
4,306 Posts
I've got one of the original sinister series goggles, paid what, $50 for them? When 509 first started making goggles their motto was for sledders, by sledders and we're not in it for the money. When they posted the new goggles on SW for $75 a pair I asked if they'd do a short term discount down to the old price of $50 and got jumped on by everyone as if 509 is God and I was insulting them for making such an unreasonable request.

Eventually I might get a new lens for my 509's but I don't plan on paying over $50 for my next set of goggles.

· Registered
1,560 Posts
^^Agreed, when I switched to the open face helmet I searched and searched for goggles that were no more than $50. Then I came across my Scott's on ebay for $45 with $5 shipping and hit the buy it now button without hesitating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.