Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 xcr 800 that i bought last winter.I pretty much bought it and drove it.nothing eles.The sled worked well for me.But after doing a pre-season check this year i found out my primary and secondary clutchs where total shot.So i got two brand new clutchs.They have the same weights and helix.but i did go with a stiffer primary spring.It now engages at 4300 rpms.The trouble im having is when im traviling at 30 to 50 mph,and if i let off the gas then pin it i get a slight hesitation.But if im traviling at that speed and i dont let off the gas and pin it.I dont get the hesitation.

·
Registered
123 Posts
it could be your belt, ny buddy had a xcr 600 and it was doing the same thing than the belt ripped apart threw a new one on and its ok now

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after spending hundreds of dollars on clutchs.I did buy myself a new belt before riding it.I think it would be kind of pointless to run a used belt after getting new clutchs.

·
Registered
187 Posts
when you change things around in the primary like that, it can affect the secondary. basically when you let off and get back on it, the clutches have to catch back up to where they were before. now that there's more spring pressure, you may need a little more weight as well. could also try to go to the next hole in the helix. when i set those sleds up for customers, i always recommended a Hot Seat clutch kit. do yourself a favor and get some sort of clutch kit in that sled. it will make a huge difference. 144 studs will get the hp to the ground as well. clutch kits are some of the best mods you can make. -Polaris Doc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts