Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any hookups in the Hayward/Stone Lake, WI area for sled rental? I'm going there, and won't have a chance to pull my sled over there in time for the ride.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hayward Powersports has sled rentals i think, and the Lakewoods on lake Namakagon also does sled rentals. No clue what the cost is though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a few place that are about $200 for 23 hours. I'm doing the math on time/gas/pain in the ass to get mine.
~ +$75 gas (car)
~ +6 hours driving
~ digging tailer out of snow
~ trailering sled on Friday when it's supposed to rain/snow

So really, I'm spending ~$125 extra to rent based on car gas alone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bumping this to see if anyone has any ideas where to rent a sled on Saturday near Hayward.

·
Registered
784 Posts
^^^Ya I really don't know if the trails are still going to be open, because they shut marathon county's trails down yesterday I think.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
some looked open yet, i think if you get far enough north youll be ok, but id just hink to pull your own sleds there, alot less problems and then they are your sleds.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the NYE snowmobile trip didn't happen, but we had a good time regardless. I'm heading up to Hayward on Friday 2/4 from some riding. I hear the trails are in decent shape. Anyone know of any rentals in the area besides Hayward Powersports?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts