Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 95 xlt with a head bolt twisted off. It runs really well but I am the type that can't stand looking at that empty hole. Anybody ever drill one of these out and is there problem with drilling completely through the remaining bole that is in there.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Remove the head, use PB Blaster or equal to soak it, use a reverse drill to drill a hole for an easy-out. You should be able to get it out easy enough without having to drill out the entire bolt & re-tap.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
How far down is it broken? You might be able to just take the head off and use a vise grips on what is left.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the one that holds the purple cover on. It is broke right where it goes into the head. Sorry if I misled anyone and thanks for the advice. Thinking about filling it up with penetrating oil for a while and then trying a reverse drill bit on it. What do you guys think. I can get at it pretty good without taking the head off, I believe.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Should work fine. Sometimes that reverse drill bit will loosen it enough that it will come out with just that. If not, ez-out time.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Take the water jacket off and get a vise grips on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts