Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding a 1985 storm 800cc engine, and have run into a variation in the old and new head gasgets. The gasgets that came out off the engine had the large coolant trasfer holes at opposit sides of the gasgets and were positioned towardes either end of the engine. The new gasgets that came in the rebuild kit had the large transfer holes beside each other. My question is where should these holes be positioned for propper cooling. Got the answer. I phoned the gasget manufacturer, they tell me the gasgets I got were from an early model of this engine and should have been replaced on the shelf with updated ones. The current head gasgets for the 800 storm is two layers riveted together with the large coolant transfer holes at opposite sides of the gasgets.they are sending me the up dated gasgets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think they gave you the wrong kit... if there are holes that match and holes tht will be blanked between the heads you could blow a new hole through the gasket.I would bring the jug in to match it up.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Did you check into it?? Wrong kit sounds right to me!! Let us know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts