Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need to replace the head gasket I've never done it before so when I went to look for parts on Alpha sports I noticed that their looks like two gaskets an inner and outer head gasket. Is it two differnt gaskets ??? Also I'm changing them becuse I belive that coolent is geeting into the cylinder I don't belive the heads are cracked. But do I need to or should I also change that cylinder gasket at the base. If I do is it very hard to do. Also I belive that the bolts have to be torqued down and put back in a pattern. Does any one know what they must be torqued at and what pattern the bolts go back on. I have a 1990 EXT 530 thanks

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If you havent started this project yet I suggest you go out and buy yourself a service manual for your sled. It will be invaluable to you as you will surely refer to it more then just a few times and it will answer all your questions you posted plus many many more.[;)]

·
Registered
16 Posts
That motor, like almost any snowmobile engine of today, uses o-rings instead of gaskets for the head and the bolts.

We sell complete gaskets sets that will give you all the gaskets you nned for an upper end rebuild for about $25.00 plus shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts