Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does any body know where I can get some head gaskets for an 1985 Polaris 600 and how. I would prefer them to be cometic or whatever that brand is. If they are not is it bad to mix head gaskets with the other engine gaskets.
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I always figgered that if it plugs the hole, its a good gasket. lol
I'm pretty sure mixing brands of gaskets won't do any immediate damage, just that some might last longer.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
denniskirk.com had the gaskets for my 83 600 not a bad price either

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mixing head gaskets will not hurt as long as the gaskets are the same thickness and compress at the same rate if not you could end up with different compression ratios between the cylinders. Polaris as well as most other manufactures made different thickness of gaskets for different hp and elevation changes of the same engine. So as long as they are all the same thickness you should be fine. On that note gaskets are cheap so just buy a complete set and be done with it.

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think you'll be fine replacing 1 stock gasket as long as you don't have a hopped up motor. If the compression ratio has changed, you may have to use something other than stock though. You can probably get the gasket through a dealer unless you want the whole set, then I'ld go dennis kirk or shade tree. The dealer is nice because they will give you a tourqe spec if you don't have a manual.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts