Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The head on the clutch side cylinder on my 85 indy 600 is leaking a blackish like mollases color fluid out of two head bolts.The head bolts are straight across from each other. What could be causing this and what is this fluid. Could it be it reving too high. I've got it up to 8400 rpms.
Too high?
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
312 Posts
nah , 8400 rpms is right were she should be ,, sounds like you have a blown gasket ,,,,,,,,,,,in that case just check it out,, take the bolts off the head ,, take it off and have a look at the gasket , it's probably craked or something like that

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No because I just rebuilt it. New head gaskets. And if there was a break then wouldn't the antifreeze tank spew anti-freeze. thanks though

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
It won't necessarily spit antifreeze out. And if it's leaking black stuff out, which is most likely oil/gas mixture, you have a shot gasket. A gasket can blow in 20 seconds of being new. Especially if it wasn't put on properly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If my head was leaking as you described,I would hope a shot of anti-biotics would clear it up...lmao[;)]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a suggestion, I thought the head was leaking on my 440xc, nasty black goop, and it turned out to be leaking from the exhaust manifold above, dripping down onto the head bolts. Not familiar with your machine, but just my $.02 [:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts