Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was pondering the idea of making a headlight cover out of an old windsheild. i was just gonna put velcro at the edge by the beezle. let me kno what you think. i am doing this because i can find any ones for my sled

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I've done it before, I really wanted a dark tinted one for my sled but they don't make them, and I didn't want a black, blue or light yellow(the 3 they make) and couldn't justify painting one I just paid for. So I made one out of the top part of a windsheild, then cut the windsheild down and put it back on my sled.

2008125154047781_10687.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that looks really good. the only problem i would have is the bezel comes downt the center

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
You would just have to make two different covers is all, I know someone on here has a set or blue or red headlight covers on a fusion.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im thinking black because i have too much red on my sled...does anyone have an edge windsheild

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i cut down my windsheild but i cant get the black edging to stay on

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Put some superglue in the crack of the black edging, and pop it on. However using this way, getting it off will be a PITA, so do it right the first time.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok will do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts