Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just got a 1990 Chevy Astro minivan. While driving around it started overheating and stalling. He parked it and got a ride home. Planned to call AAA, I told him to forget that. I took him to where it was with my dad's truck loaded for work(framing). Started driving the van and quickly figured out the problem. It smoked a lot, smelled fowl, and kept stalling, clogged cat. I took the generator and sawzall and cut the entire exhaust off before the cat. So at the moment the only exhaust it has the Y Pipe going into its 2.5" collector. I talked my buddy into going to the local place where my friends hang out. We pulled up and hung out a bit, we had to wait cause a cop was there looking at some damage to a car and we didn't feel like getting a ticket. Then it came time to go. I told him I was driving. I got in and fired it up. I swear everyone in the lot (probably close to 50 people) looked at me. That thing sounds like my buddy's Open header 351 Ford V8 does. Everyone stared as I pulled out with this kick ass sounding MINIVAN. Today sadly we went and bought a cat as well as a new 180 degree thermostat and radiator hoses. Plan to flush the cooling system and put the new exhaust on. New Exhaust will be 2.5 at the Y pipe to a 3" cat(which may be replaced with a pipe until inspection) to a 3" single inlet 2.5" dual outlet Flowmaster muffler going to a set of Chrome tips at the back end. Should me real nice :).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts