Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking on putting header rap on my pipes. Im thinking it will help quiet them down. There not loud out the muffler but the pipes themself ping and well i want to be as quiet as posible. And would probaly keep underhood temps down. Think it will work?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Someone is trying to cover up that sleeper's triple sound? Haaahahaa

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha not so loud! no ones suposed to know

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Can I have that some of that sound? I would like mine to roar like those ultras!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Id send it to you for free if it was that easy, ilove the sound but im going to trail ride this thing and i dont need or want problems from the cops

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Look at some of the after market pipes.You will see a small band of insulation held by a clamp. This is to eliminate some of the same noise that you are trying to get rid of. The problem with wrapping pipes is that it causes the pipes to rust faster. The wrap retains moisture while the sled is sitting.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Sometimes the "ping" sound is from the springs on the pipes, put some silicon on them to see if that makes the harmonic sound go away.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Wrap will work just be sure to seal them with a high temp seal so when the wraps retain moisture they don't rust the pipes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts