Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now i know some of you don't like headlight covers so if you don't like them don't reply. For those of you who like them or have them i was just wondering if anyone has had any trouble putting black covers on there revs? Ive heard of the cover melting from the heat! Let me know thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
i like em but i woulden't buy one in case it did melt then youd have a big mess on your hands

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by polarisguy93
[br]i like em but i woulden't buy one in case it did melt then youd have a big mess on your hands
This is my first rev and it just doesnt seem like with the headlights on low that it would melt them though. do you really think they would? I could always go with the tint instead of the black

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I don't think there is a issue with the cover's melting but you could always email or PM one of the members in this topic that has the cover's and ask them.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56676

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
If your headlights get hot enough to melt the covers then you have problems somewhere. The plastic shroud around them doesnt melt. Ive never heard of anyone melting a headlight cover. Get smoke tint and you can leave it on at night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by MonsterJay
[br]If your headlights get hot enough to melt the covers then you have problems somewhere. The plastic shroud around them doesnt melt. Ive never heard of anyone melting a headlight cover. Get smoke tint and you can leave it on at night.
That was my thought exactly. if they melt there is an issue there. prolly just some BS someone posted on dootalk.com cause thats were i heard it. Do you think the black smoke tint will b dark enough? heres a pic of my sled let me know.
[attachment=52898]

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you can find a set of black ones,let me know please I have even called sportech to try and get a set of black and all they make is yellow now. Where can I find them, by the way theres no way even on high-beam that they would melt think how cold it is when ride!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally some positive attitudes.[:D] And the 2007 Dennis Kirk catalog has black headlight covers for revs. And my local ski-doo dealer said they can get them as well. Thanks for the replys boys i will post some pics of my sled once i get the covers on.

LET IT SNOW
LET IT SNOW
LET IT SNOW

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you cant get black headlight covers for your sled get the ones that you can and tint em up, works great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts