Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just heard from my grandfather that his sled which is a 1983 Ski-Doo Citation keeps burning out bulbs. I cannot think of what it could possibly be and he says he has checked everything he can think of.

This is where I need your help.

So it is burning out the bulbs. Any comments, solutions, and possible problems would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by minnesotaderek
[br]voltage regulator. that would be my guess
That would be my guess to.

·
Registered
901 Posts
voltage regulator as others stated would be my guess

·
Registered
661 Posts
As said above, voltage regulator sounds like the problem. Have you checked the voltage at the lamp socket?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
wow i was going to start a thread like this because my dad bought the same sled and all it does is burn out headlights

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay. This might sound dumb but i don't know the sled too well and I dont have it beside me, so where abouts is the voltage regulator? I'm guessing it would need replacing then?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Heh. In coincidence, I just bought a voltage regulator not even a week ago for my Polaris. I blew 3 bulbs in a few weeks.

Although it's a small black piece of plastic, some metal, and a wire. It set me back $75.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sucks that it costs so much but I will let him know so that he can hopefully get that fixed up as I think it is extremely dangerous riding without a light even if it is in the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts