Discussion Starter #1
I heard that Polaris is coming out with a 1000cc 4 stroke sled with
turbo for 2008.
What do ya think?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Originally posted by XCSP 700GUY
[br]I also heard that, aparently they have been testing them out west. Or so my source tells me.
were else could they test them they're the only ones with snow. lol

that would be cool though a 1000cc turbo. more boost= more fun, till you break something. i really wouldn't mind the extra mileage either.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hmm... sounds like something new is about to come out of Polaris!! I can't wait.

Raceman1

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
800cc sled for 2008 is a sure thing. 1000cc 4 stroke with turbo? Maybe, not too sure about that one.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i knwo this is gonna start somethign but o well. they had motor problems with a 2 stroke 900 where they couldnt get it to stop rattling how do you expect them to get a 1000 4 stroke to sit still? thats 100 more cc's and atleast 1 more cylinder. doesnt seem to likely in my opinion. but 800 is almost a sure thing.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]i knwo this is gonna start somethign but o well. they had motor problems with a 2 stroke 900 where they couldnt get it to stop rattling how do you expect them to get a 1000 4 stroke to sit still? thats 100 more cc's and atleast 1 more cylinder. doesnt seem to likely in my opinion. but 800 is almost a sure thing.
Doesnt have to be 3+ cylinders, the FST was only a twin

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Wonder if KTM had any part of the 4 stroke? If so that thing should rip!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Depends on how many cylinders and stroke. If a twin long-stroke, it'll vibrate like an old Harley. If a 4 cylinder, it'll be smooooooooth.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]i knwo this is gonna start somethign but o well. they had motor problems with a 2 stroke 900 where they couldnt get it to stop rattling how do you expect them to get a 1000 4 stroke to sit still? thats 100 more cc's and atleast 1 more cylinder. doesnt seem to likely in my opinion. but 800 is almost a sure thing.
Theorettically it will be firing half as many times as the 2 stroke, and that may take care of any vibration issues.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
A two cylinder 4-stroke is inherently prone to vibration because it has two compression strokes in a row and two exhaust strokes in a row.

It is possible to decrease the vibration, though. The old John Deere two cylinder tractors had surprisingly low vibration. And some of them were over 500 cubic inches. There are pictures of running JD tractors sitting with the wheels off the ground on four glass milk bottles. But they were only running 1300 to 1400 rpm. Not 5-7000, or whatever the snowmobile 4-strokes run.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
They need to get back on top of the 2-stroke mountain before they try and tackle the 4-stroke hill!! Plus they already have one boat anchor in the line up that doesn't sell (the FST) what are they gonna do with another one??

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
my phazer has as little vibration as the apex

·
Registered
557 Posts
Originally posted by Bulldog
[br]Got to keep up with the competition or you will sink.

Bulldog
Sounds like, even if they try to keep up with the four strokes, they will still be behind.

·
Registered
191 Posts
wow that will be an amazing sled if that comes out....1000cc how would ya handle that

1 - 20 of 67 Posts