Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a studded track and i was wondering the heat exchanger protecters i have are down the middle between the to exchangers and i was wondering how do they work because there the same hight as the exchanger?

·
Registered
117 Posts
You'll have to replace them with heat exchanger protectors that are usually 3/4" or 1" deep.

You'll have to gently bend the aluminum fins apart to allow you to slide the old protectors out and replace them with the proper protectors.
You then bend the fins back again to secure the protectors.

Check the front and rear of the tunnel to see if that sled has any heat exchangers there as well. My 94 Yamy did. If so, you'll have to fabricate or purchase some protectors for each one as well.
Jeff

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have any thing u are talking about the only things under the tunnel now are two long things that look like hyfaxs riveted to the top of the tunnel that are next to the heat exchanger and yes i do have front and rear ones

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres a pic of what i have goin on
/snofan/../images/users/exciter_man/Heat exchanger picture number 2.jpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
If this is a Arctic Cat the heat exchangers themselves are the tunnel protecters, they sit over the windows of the track where no studs are. I know it sounds strange but they are.[8D]

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Are they directly above the track windows? If they are then they would be the protectors. From your diagram it is hard to tell.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am pretty sure the heat exchangers are over the track windows but i got a 96 stlye stud pattern on the new track so there are studs on the outer edge of the track

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Are the protectors taller than the heat exchangers? They should be but if they aren't you need to get taller ones.

Would you happen to have a digital camera that you could take a picture of your tunnel with?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts