Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i pulled the carbs off my zrt yesterday and saw that there was wires going to all 3 of them..i unscrewed them and on the one side it looks like a little heater rail is this possible i have heard of some sleds having heated carbs..

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I know my wife's yamaha has heated carbs on all three but its not electrical, if I remember correctly its with the antifreeze.

·
Registered
538 Posts
that may be a kill mechanism. the carbs off my '94 ZR700 had wires going to them, and apparently it was a magnetic switch so if you let off the throttle and the slide doesnt return, it kill the ignition. so it works with the kill switch in the throttle lever.

every heated carb i've seen was heated by coolant off the engine.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Carbs are heated by coolant/anti-freeze, not electricity.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so this is now why my sled wont stay running i just got done tearing them apart an such and now it wont stay running

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Are you sure you have the carbs assembled correctly?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup i got it now they werent heaters like i thought there were something like a throttle position senor or something so if they werent set right it wouldnt idle but i got it thanks

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
yup i got it now they werent heaters like i thought there were something like a throttle position senor or something so if they werent set right it wouldnt idle but i got it thanks
That's what iliveforsnow was talking about. [:D]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts