Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as you all know i have an '89 Mx 462 LC.

Somebody mentined that heated carbs when they are turned on effect gas mileage. I'm no sure what it is and i dont know if i have them on my sled and where they are if i do have them.

Does anybody know if my sled would have them and if so where are they located and hod do i shut them off if they're not important in the performance of the sled.

I have handwarmers, 2 mikuni carbs, and a heated visor cord if that makes any difference. Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Heated carbs work by flowing warm engine coolant through specially designed cavities on each carb. Not all carbs have this ability. The heat will prevent any moisture or ice build-up within the carb. Many Yamaha tripples have heated carbs. Simply look for any coolant lines or hoses connecting each carb to another. Some have a small valve located along the side of the first carb or on the side of the engine somewhere to allow a person to shut off the bypass. Turn the valve off on really warm days. Each system may be different, but this is how i understand it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have them on my machine and I have found that you do loose a bit of power with them on. I have only used mine a few time when it was -20 and the snow was very dry and light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts