Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you use for a heated sheild cord, I have tried all of the different brands of cords, and they all come unplugged way too easily, and are two pieces, which is super friggen annoying. I was wondering if anyone has a fix to my problem.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Which end are they coming unplugged from? I never remove mine from the helmet and only disconnect from the sled end.
Never had mine come unplugged either while riding.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Do you have the cord that is coiled up in the middle? You know like the accordian style?
Usually on the sheild hinge there is another little clip. Besides the plug, if the wire is attached to this clip, the helmet end is almost impossible to pull out.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
It is suppose to come unplugged easily so if you were to fall off you don't rip the wiring apart.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I just use a regular RCA cable from RadioShack. And x2 with what dtmmil said.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it comes unplugged at the sled junction, it has the accordian thing. I will have to try an rca cable from radioshack.

·
Registered
144 Posts
mine is arctic cat but it plugs into the sled and turns to lock in. it is only rubber that holds it in so if you do fall off it will un plug. the plug part is aftermarket though. works well

·
Registered
409 Posts
my nephew was using a clip on type and they break constantly. I use an extra long one and sit on the slack. have only broken one once in two years. found out the older thicker ones I had laying around for years from old video equip work best and last longest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts