Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think that a heated visor is a good thing and is it worth the money to get one and are they difficult to hook up. [:)]

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I honestly don't think heated visors are nessacary. I assume that you have a full face helmet. If you have a double layered shield you should be find. The heated visor is a waste of money IMO but its your choice. As long as its doubled you shouldn't have to be worried about fog. Also you can get a breath deflecter unless you helmet comes with it.

Sled_crew

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have to disagree with Sled crew. The double layered shield is almost never enough. I like to ride with my shield cracked but when you need to put it down, you better have a heated shield. My stock double layered shield would fog within 5 minutes and then start to ice up. I would never ride again without one

·
Registered
137 Posts
Got one. they're worth it.The first time you ride when the air is moist and sticks to everything it will pay for itself. Keeps clear in freezing rain too.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Oh yes, they are worth every penny. I just got back from riding, and my shield was starting to fog up. Plugged it in, and presto, clear as day. They are pretty easy to install. If you have a battery, just hook the leads up to it, if not, find the power and ground wires for your sled and tap into it. I have done it both ways, my Polaris is tapped into an existing wire under the handlebar cover, and my Phazer has a battery, so I just connected it right to the battery. I think the battery connection is a much better way to go, my shield clears up instantly when I plug it in now. It used to take a bit to clear up with the Polaris.

·
Registered
394 Posts
xedge 78,
I have all the wires you'll need (3).All you have to do is buy an electric face shield and bingo your good.Contact me if you would like [email protected]
$13.00 dollars shipped to you.[;)]
I'll send a picture if you need also just email me with your email address.later dude,sparkyd31

·
Registered
764 Posts
yep i totally disagree with sled_crew as well. Here it gets cold like i was riding in -30 weather over the weekend, my shield wasnt working and id have to stop every 5 mins and wipe the fog off my shield, never have to do that when u got an electric one

·
Registered
284 Posts
I always had problems with my visor fogging and yes it was a double layer one. Bought a heated visor and now i dont have ne problems. Plus now i dont have to wear that annoying little shield that goes over your mouth and nose anymore.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heated visor is well worth the money. I've been riding 35years and until I got my heated visor I always had a problem at times with fogging and now nothing, te visor is always clear. Hook your wires so that they come outunder you jacket it makes it easier when riding, esp with a group for your signals. Ride Safe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts