Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 polaris edge x 600, 121 rear skid. i need heavy duty springs for the skid. im a big guy and the stock stuff aint holding. if you have any or know where i can get some for CHEAP let me know,
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
506 Posts
you can most likely make the stock springs work for you by moving the spring rollers to the rear holes. Also make sure the rollers don't have flat spots. There is a roller mod that can increase preload still further or x clicks. Just some other options as some feel the heavy springs are to stiff on the edge skid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jbshocks said:
you can most likely make the stock springs work for you by moving the spring rollers to the rear holes. Also make sure the rollers don't have flat spots. There is a roller mod that can increase preload still further or x clicks. Just some other options as some feel the heavy springs are to stiff on the edge skid.
what do you mean move the spring rollers to the back hole?

·
Registered
506 Posts
the springs ride on a roller. the stock position is in the middle hole. You can also move the lower rear torque arm to the rear hole to get it stiffer.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Get a Fox or Ryde FX clicker rear and .405 rear springs and you won't bottom out again unless you hit a big bump. Stock springs suck, and the rear position sensitive shock sucks bigtime. Screw spending money on valving that doesn't really help overall.
POlaris rear torsion springs have been coming stock way too soft for real world riding, heavier springs help a ton. And revalving your shocks isn't the key either. . .

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I've heard of people up to 300 lbs that have not been able to make the heavy springs work, and have gone back to the stock springs. Move the roller back, and the rear scissor back, like jb mentions. Also, tighten up the coupling blocks, to transfer some load to the front track spring.

On the other hand, I've heard of people much lighter, that prefer the heavy springs. It's all about the style of riding and handling you desire.

I've found that when the EDGE is handling the best, people tend to think it "feels" like the suspension is too soft, ignoring the fact that it handles like it's on rails and absorbs the bumps like a dream. The rear suspension should bottom out occasionally, especially on big hits, to handle its best.

Now, Cheap? Not going to happen. Polaris is the only place to get a decent spring. You could try finding used ones, but they may be harder to come by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts