Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order a clutch kit and was wonder if anyone had any thoughts on which of these kits would work better or any input on how they have worked for you or your riding buddies.

Right now I am leaning towards the heavy hitters because you don't have to drill out any material on your clutch to get it to fit.

·
Registered
777 Posts
http://www.supertorquer.com/Hammer%20Time.htm

actually, the newest version of heelcickers,don,t require any mods to the clutch,old version required cutting out material out of the primary,
i haven,t used either,but really looking hard at h.hitters,my self but at 360.00 cdn,clickers are around 280.,i ve heard the old clickers are hard on pivot bushings.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
heavy hitters

·
Registered
67 Posts
a couple of my buddies put the heel clickers in their sleds last year. they all had mixed results about them. It takes alot of time to set them up. I would personally go with the heavy hitters.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys,
I am pretty sure I am going to go with the Heavy Hitters talked with Lon and Thunder products and he provided some good info.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you ever look at this topic again, tell me what you thought about the heavy hitters. i'm looking at clutch kits for my sled and wanted some input from people who go em. thanks.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Decided to cancel the order on the heavy hitters until after I install my new pipes. I was going to get a clutch kit because I was over revving by 400 rpm. I am pretty sure I will still need to do something to my clutch but wanted to wait and see how things worked with the new pipes. New pipes make there power where my sled is currently clutched. I'm sure it will probably pull it up another couple of hundred R's but I want to run it first.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hello I have the old heel clickers. The clutch modifications were very easy if you are mechanically inclined. As you know only about half of your horse power makes it to the ground after all the losses. The clickers reduce some of the losses therefore increasing power and torque to the track. This worked so well on my XCR800 that now traction is the problem. When I do hook up the accelleration is amazing. I am breaking motor mounts now :( because of the dramatic increase in torque. The set up was extremely easy and I havent noticed any extra bushing wear. hotrod.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input Hotrod. I am sure I will playing with the clutching just want to try what I have before I go changing that many things at once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts