Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been told that a heel clicker clutch kit, or any real clutch kit like that will make my 600 xlt run like a 700, do u guys know about this, if so were does the power upgrade, bottom,mid,top?Is it worth the money

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Almost everyone I've heard of who has purchased a clutch kit has really noticed an increase in power. If I sell my XCR and purchase a Pro X 600, I will not know, but I may just keep my 440 for another year and buy a hot seat clutch kit. We'll have to see what the future has in store for me though

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry but even with the heelclickers or a clutch kit your xlt motor will not out perform a 700, maybe a 500 in stock form. The new twins are heavy on torque and more hp too. As for the heelclickers you will see gains through out the power band. Is it worth the money??? If you plan on keeping the sled a year or two then yes. If not save your money for the newer twins as they use a different weight.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have heel clickers on my sled. They are a dual quadrant system and in very basic terms increase the sqeeze on your belt in decreasing amounts as the weights travel through their travel. More sqeeze usually means more acceleration. Why I say usually is because if you dont have the torque in your motor then too much sqeeze will bog you down. That is the beauty of these weights. The shoulder weight which is adjustable adds lots of sqeeze at the beginning and by the time your clutches are 3/4 open the extra sqeeze has decreased to nothing and your top end reacts as it would with regular weights. You simply add weight to the heel / shoulder until your sled starts to bog down. When you find the best spot your clutch will act like it has 60 gram weights at the beginning decreasing to the stock 54 grams for your top end . Its almost like a multi angled helix. and we all know how good they are. The XCR comes with 60 gram weights. I am able to add 13 grams of weight for the holeshot decreasing as my clutches close back to the stock 60 gram at top end. My acceleration increased to the point where traction is now the problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Polaris-Man:

Almost everyone I've heard of who has purchased a clutch kit has really noticed an increase in power. If I sell my XCR and purchase a Pro X 600, I will not know, but I may just keep my 440 for another year and buy a hot seat clutch kit. We'll have to see what the future has in store for me though

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters![/quote]
hey p-man this is off subject but just wanted to say that pro 600 kick a$$ im not much of a polaris guy myself but i had a chance to ride a pro 600 this weekend WOW!!!!!!!! what a ride very very nice it almost makes me want one of the new pro 800s but im pretty yami loyal but man what a ride!!!that 600 pro is yami cant touch that.

smoke it if you got it

·
Registered
201 Posts
the clicker system as they say will increase your performance. Reason being it is gaining some of the power back by increasing the force that is applied to the belt so it does not slip.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Would there be a trade-off with this setup in the number of belts you'd go through?

Jacqui.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts