Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 53 deg. helix on my sled right now. What woiuld be the advantage in dropping down to a 51 or 49 deg helix?

·
Registered
777 Posts
slower up shift,but more operating rpm.due to not loading the motor as hard, it would be better for deep snow,and better back shift in the trails

·
Registered
864 Posts
Other issue revolves around spinning. If you can hook it hard, the quicker angle will give you better acceleration. Less angle etc..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 192 studs in it. Not much of a spinning problem. Just slow out of the hole. Really good top end though.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Are you pulling good rpm out of the hole? Is it loading up too fast? Try tighening the secondary a bit, sound like it's pulling the front wieght ok on the big end. The steep helix should launch you harder if it's biting
192 for a 600 will lots of studs. Good rule is a stud /hp, better to be more than less.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here what is going on. I bought the sled for the wife. I had the clutch kick in at 3800 with no studs.(she did not like the jerk with the higher rmp spring.) My nephew also rides it. When he hammers on it I can not reach the power band fast enough. Real bad bog. After it hits about the 6200-6500 mark, hold on. I have the spring to kick in at 5200 I just don't want to change it every couple of days. Was hoping for a faster power band but minimal jerk on the take off for the wife. Any ideas other than leave her home?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW we ran alot of lakes this witer so I put the studs in it for the nephew. Track just don't spin enough to hit power band on short sprints

1 - 11 of 11 Posts