Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gooday all . I have a 91 500 sks . I'm wondering if I can fit a 133 track with a lug measurement of 1 3/4 from bottom of track to top of lug ...or 1 1/2 from top of lug to top of track on this machine ... I've been looking though the old posts but couldn't find the answer , Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
You might want to ask that question on Snowest's forum. I had the same question on a 1997 SKS a while back and I received many answers on SW and nill on other forums. The advise given was right on as well.
My guess is 1 1/2 (top of lug to top of track)will be the maximum you can go without mods. If you have 2 (upper and lower) mounting locations on the rear of your skid you will have to drop down to the lower position. Please check SW cause this is only a guess though.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Put one in my 96'sks,only it was a 136" long one.If it is a little tight cut the lugs down with a razor knife and straight edge.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I had a 91 SKS which came stock with a 133". I installed a 2" x 136" without any mods. It was tight at the front of the tunnel but never had a rubbing issue. Also the extra 1-1/2 was taken up by the adjusters in the back.
So, I'd say it should work.

[attachment=1640]

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts