Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever seen an mp3 player that hooks up to the back of your helmet. I saw it once,but now i cant find it for the life of me.[}:)]

·
Registered
186 Posts
I haven't seen one before but I have over 8000 mp3s so if you do happen to find it please post the link or where I can get one cause it sounds like a great idea.

Polaris4LIFE[:D]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah.. Something like the collett communicators have aux jacks to play mp3, mini-disk, cd player, avalanck warnings, whatever... http://www.collettcommunicators.com/

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Nope but you get to talk too, and there good for group rides...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea so do all the other communicators,but im talkin about an actual mp3 unit that goes on our helmets, and has speakers that insert into ur helmet

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
8000 mp3's eh.

I bet you like every single one of those songs too!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Originally posted by polarisisthebest
[br]I haven't seen one before but I have over 8000 mp3s so if you do happen to find it please post the link or where I can get one cause it sounds like a great idea.
yeah right, like who's going to be dumbenough to keep 8,000 mp3's Like pman said, I bet you listen to each one and know which ones you have [xx(]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Hey, I have 6667 MP3's. I like a majority of them. It is nice to have a wide variety to listen to.

/snofan/../images/users/erick/mp3.jpg

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
[8D]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
If u wanna believe that, go right ahead [;)]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Well you could do the really simple thing, and by the speakers the fit in your helmet, for collett for example.. And then just plug them into your cd player, mp3 player...whatever...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
no, just buy the little speakers... http://www.collettcommunicators.com/frame_monster.htm 29.95$...

·
Registered
23 Posts
well the simplest, most logical solution is just get, or if you already have an MP3 player, a normal one. than get a pair of headphones, stick the player in a pocket, and play it, if the headphones are too big to fit under helmet, get those kind that you just stickin your ear, bingo no fancy hookup needed

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah thats what I said above Roof, Its just alot nicer, louder, and more comfortable with the proper speakers... ie. the ones that fit into your helmet.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yea, I bought a set of Colletts about a year and a half ago off of Ebay. One of them (the one I keep on MY helmet) has an aux input AND a passenger output, where it can basically run a wire back to a smaller communicator on your passengers helmet (unforuntately I drive a 2002 600EdgeX which shouldn't really be used as a 2-up). I got another communicator for a separate sled, so all together I can communicate with a passenger (if I have one) plus anyone else wearing a set of Collett's within a mile or 2 radius.

As far as the music goes, I used to attach a personal cdplayer w/MP3/CD-R support, each disk can hold quite a bit of music. I kept the cd player in my tank bag, but I think the cold messed it up..it doesn't work anymore :( [plus its hard to find a good cdplayer that won't skip, so yes, look for an MP3 player]. But I have to recommend the Colletts, I spent $250 for the set I have, which today is probably cheaper. There's nothing like hours and hours of music to keep you busy while you ride, and if you're also using the Collett's to talk to others, they are voice activated, as soon as someone speaks, you hear it over the music. Plus, the Collett's are good saftety-wise, to keep in touch, ie. one communicator for the lead sled and one for the end sled.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts