Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tryin to get some opinions on what goggles you might use with what helmet. I have an HJC X-5 with FXR goggles, lookin to spend money this off season on a helmet and goggle thats worth it so Im all ears on what you gotta say.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I have always had good luck with Scott goggles they are built good and hardly ever fog. I use a FlY helmet and it works pretty good.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I use a pair Scott 89XI's with my Gmax 37X helmet. Never had a problem with fogging or a cold face, and I love how wide the range of vision is and how they change colour according to how bright it is outside.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have a hcj helmet and i run scotts goggles and smiths, both work great but i find the smiths have less wind noise and thicker foam which helps seal them better for more comfort

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ Which scotts do u use?? I hear alot of praise on the 89XI's

PolarisBoy1996 said:
I use a pair Scott 89XI's with my Gmax 37X helmet. Never had a problem with fogging or a cold face, and I love how wide the range of vision is and how they change colour according to how bright it is outside.
How are the GMAX helmets? I like the look of the 46x but it just seems like a cheap helmet.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
^^ 89xi;s are good goggle I have a pair of voltages to. The 89's r so good for me that I am going to buy 2 more pairs of them and just have one clear lens and 1 yellow lens so that I can have all 4 shades. Blue,Orange,Yellow, Clear. Quick note to u can buy a pair of 89xi turbo dirt bike goggles and buy the dual lens for them. That is my plan cause I can get 2 pairs for $40 and spend the extra for the lenses.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^10-4 on that, i reckon ill give em a shot. thanks for the advice fellas

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
I have always had good luck with Scott goggles they are built good and hardly ever fog. I use a FlY helmet and it works pretty good.
I will have to second the Scott goggles! HJC snowcross helmets has been my lid of choice for 10 years now.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have 509 Sinisters with a Polaris matte helmet '08. Works really well. The 509s have a lot of padding and are wide enough to fit most helmets well. Has a nose piece too. The goggles are actually designed for snowmobilers. For the value, IMO, you can't beat it.
201012418836864_20610.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have a really nice Scorpion VX14 Snow helmet, with the breath deflector. Works AWESOME!! It was the best 40 bucks I ever spent! It was a 200 dollar helmet I got at the swapmeet for 40. Brand new, and came with a soft cover. Its snell, and dot approved. I just bought some cheap Bolle goggles from Fleet Farm, which are double lens, and i NEVER had any problems with fogging. Not much wind noise, and very comfortable. I never even had to wear a balaclava with the breath deflector.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bames said:
I have 509 Sinisters with a Polaris matte helmet '08. Works really well. The 509s have a lot of padding and are wide enough to fit most helmets well. Has a nose piece too. The goggles are actually designed for snowmobilers. For the value, IMO, you can't beat it.
201012418836864_20610.jpg

Ive heard alot of yes and nos on the 509 goggles... From looking at them compared to the 89XIs it seems like a better deal... Anyone care to persuade me lol I want the best bang for the buck here. Im not worried about cost but at the same time i dont wanna spend 100 bucks on somethin thats not worth it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts