Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just finished relocating the electric visor hookup on my '02 600 Classic Touring. Check in behind your key switch and locate an electrical plug (brown/black wires or brown/yellow wires), use the brown side of the plug for your ground (Polaris uses brown wiring for the grounding system). There should be a 3-wire connector (similar to a trailer wire hookup located by the rectifier (directly behind the secondary clutch). Hopefully one of the holes is not filled - use this for the power/hot wire. This will give you about 0.25V DC to you rvisor. Check this out with a voltmeter.

Caution - I used the plug that I located behind my key switch for power and ground, but quickly found out that when I plugged in my electric visor, my sled shut down. This is why I only use the brown wire (ground side) of this plug.

Some dealers and people hook the ground up to the chassis. I find it is much better to tap into the brown wire grounding system.

Another item I like comes from Bombadier. They have an electric visor hookup that installs in the plastic cowling. It looks like a stereo jack and has a black cover when not in use. Makes for an elegant installation. I think the connector costs approximately $30.00 CDN, but I feel it is well worth it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poltour The only dc wire I could find was the one for the kill switch. All the lights run off AC voltage. Unlike your regulator this one is AC only.

·
Registered
290 Posts
zackattck use the brown for ground, and yellow and brown or just yellow as mentioned above. Use your rpm or speedo lights, unscrew the little phillips head screws and connect the wires and tighten back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts