Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm going to be purchasing a new lid in the next couple days and can get either helmet for a great deal locally. (imagine that)...

Anyhow what is everyones experience with these two models in particular?

The salesman told me there is no need to buy a heated shield because the breath ventalation is THAT good. Is this entirely true? Wouldn't a heated shield help in a snowstorm or freezing ice/sleet type of precipitation?

Basically I can score a Ski-Doo Modular for about $220 and a BV2S, which apparently is not modular, for $250. (new)

What would you opt for? I'm not interested in a motocross style lid.

Thanks in advance for any heads-up or advice. I'm new to all of this... :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
the ski doo modular helmet is nice i do not own ne but i know somebody who does the ventelation is so good because the breath deflector it comes with has rubber tubes so when you breathe in and out it transfers your breath to the outside of the helmet and from what i hear it never fogs or freezez up
not sure about the bv2s

·
Registered
521 Posts
No need for a heated shield with the modular, I've owned one since they came out, and ridden in temps down to -20 and its never fogged or gotten ice on it. Its a great helmet. I do hear that the BVS2 is more comfortable and lighter than the modular, so I would try them both on first.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Another vote for the modular.
Have owned one for two years now and love it. Never has fogged up thanks to the breathing system it has going.

Never tried the BV2 though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks for the replies. I will try both on but I do like the idea of the modular and how it functions.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I had the modular for the last few years. I have had zero problenms with it. Never needed a heated visor and never had it fog up on me. The only thing clsoe to a issue was when the BREATHe evac system got clogged with ice. Once it was de-iced I was all set. I still have it but this year I went back to a MX style.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have the Bombardier "old style" modular not BV2S and it is by far the best helmet out there ZERO FOG it does take some time getting used to it (how it fits) but its a solid trade off for being able to see.

·
Registered
234 Posts
my uncle had a modular and didn't like the way the breath shield came across his face and pulled so he got a bv2s which flips up and down he likes that much better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts