3,063 Posts
speaking of helmets...I need to get a new one

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
506 Posts
thought I'd throw in a reminder to everyone right here, if it's more than 5 years old, you need a new one, the foam in them decays and they're not safe after 5 years. everyone always forgets this, myself included, 'cause nomatter what, it always feels like you got it last season.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have the same one except it is yellow with the same star, kept foggin up on me last year, think im gonna get the heated face sheild for it

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
When you get a new one Royal Distributing has good deals. (keep the one you have it's nice)

If it ain't broke,
change stuff till it is.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
hey, i'v heard that if your an aggresive rider and the odds are you will get in a crach some day. That you should get a new helmet every year, just because the uv rays make the helmet not as strong(or something like the) No clue if this is true or not but i heard it form a pretty reliable source so

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by XCSP 700GUY:
hey, i'v heard that if your an aggresive rider and the odds are you will get in a crach some day. That you should get a new helmet every year, just because the uv rays make the helmet not as strong(or something like the) No clue if this is true or not but i heard it form a pretty reliable source so

[/quote]

Your source worked for HJC or something didn't they? I have 2 helmets, and one old one and even the old one has no decaying foam. I think all these "you have to get a new one every such and such time" is a load of garbage. If it's not cracked and all the foam and stuff is intact, it should be good.

That's just my opinion.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
36 Posts
No worrie about old helmets here, for some reason i smash the peek off trying some thing i shouldn't so they get replaced yearly.If i was smart i would find flexable rubber peeks

P H R

·
Registered
614 Posts
Always buy a SNELL approved helmet. All racing org. won't let you race unless you have a Snell Approved helmet. Sneel checks helmets and only approves one that are the safest.
A wise man once said. "If you have a $2.00 head, put it in a $2.00 helmet."
p.s. Northland in Sudbury have good prices on helmets, family run , nice people.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i know every helmet use to be snell certified 95, but i heard now that they are all going to have to be snell 98 or something, has anyone else heard this, or have i spent too much time around the ikf go kart circuts

·
Registered
226 Posts
[purple]I bought a modular HJC last year. It's a full face with adjustable shield. There is an internal breath mask and the entire front opens up with the push of a button so ya don't have to take the helmet off if you should get thirsty. I guess this could be resolved by a straw or tube type drinking bottle, but I really like the full "swing-up" feature. This helmet cost over $250, but after using it, it was well worth the dough.[/purple][/size=4][/font=Comic Sans MS]

[purple]Kimba466[/purple][/size=4][/font=Comic Sans MS]
[purple]Ride Safe[/purple][/font=Comic Sans MS]

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey xltman, I think you need a snell 2000 approved helmet to race now.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
268 Posts
i wear the same helmet all year. I is a open face motocross helmet with holographic gogles witch cut down on the sun's rays(plus no one can see your face) in the winter i have a peace of material that i velcro to the inside and it keeps the face warm then the gogles cover the rest of my face i like my set up and will always wear open face helmets

Brandon

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Here's one of my helmets.

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/helmet.jpg

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I just got a new KBC TK7 it's SNELL, and DOT approved, I'll put a pic up when I get my camera set up tomorrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts