Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[V]On the weekend myself, wife and another couple were out sleddin having a great time. Gave my wife my XLT that I've rode for two years before upgrading to my XC 600. She and I stopped for a rest and were saying how much fun we were having and how great of a day it was. I told her to go ahead as I like the back of the pack in case of any problems. I just cane over a little hill in the field and all I could see was a sled come to a sudden stop and the snow powder flying and a body fly straight up in the air (12-15FT up) and tumble down. I punched it and got to the seen and there was my wife. Visor missing and she quite upset with blood streaming down from her nose, glasses twisted and what a mess. Threw her on my sled and we were gone before the other couple could turn around to see what happened. Long story short, she's home from hospital now pretty banged up. 2 compressed vertebrae (pancaked) and 4 broken ribs in the back. You should see her lid. She gave me $hit last year for spending $300 on the lid but the doc said it saved her life.Ane if you're wondering about the sled: needs torsion bar straightened and new windshield. I used to fly around the yard or up the road with no lid. No more! Play it safe people because it can happen in a heart beat. Mark P.S.[:(] Just my little story to share[:(]

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I hope your wife heals properly, back injuries are nothing to take lightly. I wouldn't be worrying to much about the sled and equipment right now. Just a tip, if there's insurance companies involved don't sign any release forms until you are sure she's is 100%. Some adjusters try to pressure people into signing forms that relieve the company of any further obligation. This happened to my wife in a car accident.

Anyway I'm glad it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear about that. I'm glad she wasn't hurt worse, and great point about helmets.

-Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
im glad to hear she is ok, but like you said things would have been way worse without a helmet, i cant understand the no helmet law in some states, not to mention every time i see someone on a quad they have no riding gear or a helmet!!!, man people must have a death wish, and also keep this in mind it raises our insurance every time they crash we all foot the bill for their stupidity,"higher insurance costs" GRRRRRR, well im glad god gave me a brain, and i plan to protect it with the best gear possable!

·
Registered
312 Posts
your all rght , but this past week-end there was this once accident were the 2 sleds hit face to face ,and both helmets hit head to head ,, both of them cracked , and both died of head injuries,, so if your gona get that helmet ,,,,,,,,might as well get the best or at least of great quality , it's worth it

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Wow, I hope she's ok mrpolaris18. Thats a horrible thing to have to happen. I was out riding last night with my "better half". You just never know. I am curious to know what happened in your situation though. I can only assume she hit an unseen dip in the field or a stump or something.

Again I hope she recovers quickly.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it goes with that ïn-experience thing" She's ridden for years but only indy 400's. Her thunb was sore from the throttle and she was using the palm of her hand on the throttle. Bad idea!!!! She went to brake and when she did it forced the palm of her hand to squeeze the throttle and being a 600 tripple, she went full throttle into one very Large boulder with her right ski which forced her right and into the other LARGE boulder headon. She went through the shield and hit the 2nd boulder head first, up in the air, 12 feet, came down through some tree branches and landed between the boulders. I'm just thankful she's alive. We take alot for granted. As far as the sled she says fix and sell and I don't blame her. The ironic thing is is that I just got my insurance renewal today in the mail and the renewal is only $50. Anyways people thanks for the concern but I thought maybe I'd stress the point about wearing the helmets. I can't help but shake my head when I read some other threads on here about no helmet laws!!!! I don't understand. Again thanks for replies about the Mrs. and I'll pass them. Take care Mark

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
pass along my regards and thoughts for a speedy recovery! hearing stuff like this really makes us think, some think naw it wont happen to me, sure, right, thats what i thought when i landed in a dredge ditch last year, doesnt matter the caliber of rider you are, anything is possible. again, im hoping for a speedy recovery for her.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks....it's been 5 days and she's starting to walk now.Thanks again xltman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts