Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that can not find a helmet thats big enough? I have tried some companies XXL and they fit like a normal large helmet...

Tried a JMAX at the dealer the other day (XXL), couldnt even get it down over my ears...

I could never buy a helmet on line because I know they would not fit...

Its just like shoes.

WHY ISNT THERE AN INDUSTRY STANDARD??

My current winter helmet needs to be replaced and so I am always looking...even this helmet fits too close to the front of my face for my liking....

OH AND I AM READY FOR ALL THE JOKES ABOUT MY GIANT HEAD...Dont really care...

I know I am a fat A## but come on I see fatter guys than me out riding and there helmets look like they fit fine....

· Registered
481 Posts
Sounds like me! They call me Mellon Head.

· Registered
67 Posts
I have the same issue. Nice to see I'm not the only one who gets called a mellon head. I have a nice one now that fits just the way I like it, but it needs to be replaced really bad. But until I can find one that feels just as good as this one does on my mellon, it will have to do.

· Registered
8,834 Posts
i have a 2 or 3 x hjc and its to tight in the jaw bone area and my chin rubs the front. i need a new full face shiedl next year and dont know what to get.

· Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
madcow said:
i have a 2 or 3 x hjc and its to tight in the jaw bone area and my chin rubs the front. i need a new full face shiedl next year and dont know what to get.
Well I am looking and if I find anything that works I will be letting you know...

AND YES I feel you pain with the chin rubbing ...thank goodness mine has a vent hole right there, or it would fit either...

The other thing is it cant be safe this way???

· Registered
2,769 Posts
I went to my local Poo dealer looking for a new lid myself and usually wear a Large or maybe an XL.
The 2X & 3X's were way too tight in 4 different types/brands of helmets from Polaris to HJC.
I ended up going to a Polaris open face with some good goggles so I could get
my head in without tearing the skin off my cheek bones. It is a 2XL and it fits pretty snug.

· Registered
9,987 Posts
A guy used to work with us that had a head the size of a basketball, we used to call him big-hands because he was a farm boy.

Trust me, if you're having a hard time, he'd have to wear a 4 gallon bucket.

Does that make you top heavy?

· Registered
8,834 Posts
i hate my open face, i will guit riding if my only choice is an open face.

· Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
A guy used to work with us that had a head the size of a basketball, we used to call him big-hands because he was a farm boy.

Trust me, if you're having a hard time, he'd have to wear a 4 gallon bucket.

Does that make you top heavy?
HAHAHA....alot of other things about my body, make me top heavy...lololol

madcow said:
i hate my open face, i will guit[/color=red] riding if my only choice is an open face.

Careful man, the spelling police are on the prowl and will git you for this....lmao

· Registered
3,504 Posts
same here, i dont have an unusal large head, but my old polaris pro-x helemt was an xl and fit perfect, so i ordered a new on online from polaris the matte white and black dragon helmet and its an xl but it seems slightly tighter than my old one, i know its new but when my old one was new it fit nice and not as tight as this one. And i noticed that the visor on the new one is flimsey p.o.s. and my old helmet was sturdy thick plastic.

· Registered
9,987 Posts
http://www.hjchelmets.com/sizing_chart.htm

· Registered
1,523 Posts
Black_Storm said:
KingPrat said:
Melon head.
its funny cause its spelled wrong lol
Ramrod, ^^THAT is your fail of the day.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/melon

'Fraid not...
[Disappointed]

· Registered
4,979 Posts
XXXL HJC fullface is probably the larges helmet you will find. I have one. I was never able to find a modular that fit so I stayed with the FF HJC.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.