Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cheap snowcross style helmet and goggles. I don't know what to get. around $100 for the helmets and the goggles around $50

·
Registered
325 Posts
HJC CS-MX Blizzard helemet

I am not sure if it is snowcross or motocross

I have one and i used for 1 weekend last season(snow melted on me not long after I got the helmet) and it seemed to work fine.

and it does not come with a breath gaurd.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I know this is out of your budjet, but a 509 Evolution helmet and 509 sinisters or avaitors is well worth the $

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I'm using 509 Goggles right now and will be going back on for my fifth year to Scotts.

Any moto-x helmet will do. HJC, Shift, Fox, and Fly all make a decent helmet.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Go with the monster helmet.. can't go wrong [thumb] lol

201051522353309_18534.jpg

But in all seriousness, wait until fall, then look at distributers like Rocky Mountain ATV, Dennis Kirk, Motosport and places like that. They usually put on some killer deals to move left over inventory and you can snatch up a pretty good helmet for a reasonable price

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I use an afx 17 with a set of smith snow fuels, seems to be working great. Only cost about 135$ to get it all, then you might need a good breath deflector.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
What color you looking for? I have a HJC Sapien helmet, size L. It's red.. Also have a set of goggles I could deal with.. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
for your goggles, get a set of self-tinting lenses. i sprung for some last year, and it was the best thing i ever did. they are perfectly clear at night, and a dark shade of blue during the day.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Like MX86 said check out Dennis Kirk in the fall I bought a $130 helmet for $35.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts