Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know a good place for snowmobiling helmets other than Dennis Kirk or a dealer? Thanks[8D]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
ebay

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I just use a motocross helmet. could go to
www.rockymountainatv.com
www.motosport.com

or directly to Z1R's site?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
www.helmetoutletusa.com

Never bought anything there, but have browsed it many times. The one time I was ready to make a purchase, I found it cheaper on ebay...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
best place i have found is www.shadetreepowersports.com
they have the cheapest sled parts and clothing i have found anywhere.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks guys, I have a full face, but I used to have a bell snowmobile helmet, and it worked great. It was warm and didnt fog up. I suppose I could use a mx, but I really want one like my old bell. Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
www.ravexperformance.com

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just make sure it fits right.. I'd never buy by mail, only from a dealer and only new. Never buy a used unit.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Go to a dealer and try them on, write down the size, style, etc everything about one you find before you order one, because even with the same brand, a different style will fit differently.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
dirtydan said:
ok thanks guys, I have a full face, but I used to have a bell snowmobile helmet, and it worked great. It was warm and didnt fog up. I suppose I could use a mx, but I really want one like my old bell. Thanks fellas!
Maybe try an HJC helmet, I use the CL-15 and like it.
Like the other guys mentioned, go to a store and try lots of different ones on and see what you like best.
Bring along whatever facemask you plan on wearing when you try them on, as that will make a difference on how the helmet fits.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
This is what I am currently using.
http://www.509films.com/store/509-evolution-helmet.html

·
Registered
278 Posts
yeah just go and try on a bunch of them. i dont buy mine online cause i never know if im going to like the feel of the helmet before i try it on.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
RMK-KING said:
This is what I am currently using.
http://www.509films.com/store/509-evolution-helmet.html
This helmet is also known as the afx 17 made by afx just not as pretty looking. At least thats what i can see based on the pictures. I bought the helmet for 85 after tax at my local doo dealer.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks dudes, I appreciate the help! BTW, I totally understand not buying one w/out trying it on; got my first dirtbike on my 6th B-day, 1st sled when I was 14. I cant agree more w/you! I have borrowed a sled and a helmet one time for 4 days and it sucked!!! Every time we would get on a rough trail/....pretty much anything but groomed my borrowed bucket would slip below my eyes and I would have to let off-- no bueno!!! But the sled was a good'n! A cat specail 580, ext I think. Mid 90's w/ factory flames...yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw!!!! bETTER/FASTER THAN anything I have now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts