Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this site but i was wondering if anyone could give me some assistance. I have a 1998 Polaris XLT 600 that I just replaced the fuel, cleaned the carbs and installed a new stator on but now i cant get it to fully rev, its like it revs up to 6000 rpm or so and then hits a wall. I do notice that when it gets to that point it seems to smoke more than it does while revving up to that point. The reason i replaced the stator was because i had a spark lose on all 3 cylinders. The carbs are clean, ive had them off and apart three times, i made sure that the pilot jets and pilot system was clean along with the mains (its got 340 mains) and that the needles and seats are not leaking (it has viaton tipped needles). I have the air screws set a 1 1/4 turns, and have tested them at 1 & 1 1/2. The other thing is when i am revving it up and let off most of the time it will die, i was able to get it to stay running with the air screw at 1 1/2+ turns but it just barely stayed running. Its hard to gauge what its doing by looking at the plugs since im not able to drive it and also its 65+ degrees out but everytime ive pulled the plugs they are wet so its like its getting too much fuel or unable to burn the gas its getting. I dont have a compression tested but all 3 cylinders seem to have good compression just by plugging the hole with my finger. Does anyone have any ideas or have ran into a similar issue. If i start it and let it idle it would idle all day long its just trying to hit max rpm on a stand and then letting off and keeping it running is not working out. Any help is appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts