Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 96 Ultra and i replaced one of the coolant gaskets on the top manifold thing... I used the bleed screw on top as well to bleed the system. Is there any other way to bleed this thing? I need to know i got all the air out.
Theres one more storm coming and i want to ride one last time this season.

Any help will be good!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Bleeder on top is it. Watch your coolant reservoir and when you see a steady stream of coolant comeing out of the bleeder,(no bubbles) your good to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ultrawillie said:
Bleeder on top is it. Watch your coolant reservoir and when you see a steady stream of coolant comeing out of the bleeder,(no bubbles) your good to go.
Thanks! Ill try it again tomorow to make sure i got all the air out.. [thumb]

·
Registered
72 Posts
jarrod.mcknelly said:
ultrawillie said:
Raising the front end up off the ground when you bleed the system helps get all the air out from the rear heat exchanger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wallsaw said:
jarrod.mcknelly said:
ultrawillie said:
Raising the front end up off the ground when you bleed the system helps get all the air out from the rear heat exchanger.
Thanks. Ill try that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ultrawillie said:
How long should it take to bleed out the air? Im getting a steady stream right now.. SHould i be confident that all the air is out? Ive done it 3 times so far....

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If your getting a steady stream, top off your coolant resevoir, and check your coolant level after you run it for a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts