Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 vmax delux 600 trip. skis seems to be darting at speeds of 60 or beeter. they are metal skis. are there any other skis i should consider putting on. mostly trail riding. also would studding my track help?

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Could go with a good set of aftermarket skis such as Slydog or Simmons, some stock OEM plastic ones would probably even be an upgrade.

Have you checked the toe-in recently?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined...trying to find out if I got a good deal...here goes...just bought a 2000 sxr 600 triple...from a dealer...the sled sat for 5 yrs...has 1301 miles on it...its in excellent condition...the owner says it was torn down and totally rebuilt...new track,ect...paid 2400...and is this a pretty quick sled like he says it is and what kind of milage do they get?...any answers will be appreciated...thank you...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sponnie, have you checked your carbides out lately?? My g/f has a 1998 vmax 600 had the same problem. We put on some kimplex skies with 6 inch stud boy sharper bars seem to have fixed the problem. I was also looking into studding the track. If you smash the throttle going 50+ and notice track spin then this could be adding to your darting problem.

Yamaking start a new thread in the Yamaha section next time instead of posting in a different thread. Seems like a decent deal for that low of millage and that price. But, why was the track replaced and the sled torn down with that low of mileage?? You got any pics? Your mileage should be any where from 10-13 depending on how you ride. Maybe even more if your not too hard on the throttle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BAMT700 said:
Sponnie, have you checked your carbides out lately?? My g/f has a 1998 vmax 600 had the same problem. We put on some kimplex skies with 6 inch stud boy sharper bars seem to have fixed the problem. I was also looking into studding the track. If you smash the throttle going 50+ and notice track spin then this could be adding to your darting problem. thanks for the advise ill try some new skis

Yamaking start a new thread in the Yamaha section next time instead of posting in a different thread. Seems like a decent deal for that low of millage and that price. But, why was the track replaced and the sled torn down with that low of mileage?? You got any pics? Your mileage should be any where from 10-13 depending on how you ride. Maybe even more if your not too hard on the throttle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
srx_600 said:
Could go with a good set of aftermarket skis such as Slydog or Simmons, some stock OEM plastic ones would probably even be an upgrade.

Have you checked the toe-in recently?
toes good ill try new skis and go from there thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
Didn't know they had metal skis in '99. You should be able to find a pair of OEM plastic take offs. Some of the fancy aftermarkets get pretty pricey, so you could spend $500 on new stuff and not fix the problem.
If the alignment, bars, skis are all good, here's another idea that won't cost a thing.
Go to http://totallyamaha.com/ and check out the technical pages. Look for skis and front suspension, and then find the darting articles. There are some ideas to help fix this issue. It's worth a try.[thumb]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts