Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a dummy clutch tool for the Polaris. Now I finally get around to using it and realize the clutch bolt on my 98 XC700 is much smaller than the 3/4 threaded size they sent.

Was there something different on the XC's compared to other Poo clutches?

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
123 Posts
the clutch puller should be bigger botl than the bolt becasue it threads into the clutch and not the crank.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

the threads of the puller (black one) wont even get past the cover on the primary. Its much smaller. I swear I am missing something stupid. First time I have ever tried messing with my clutches.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Never seen a puller like that one! try going to your "favorite parts place" and see if they will loan you one for a couple hours.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Is'nt that the style to give you access to the wieghts only?

The normally look differant than that.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The Dummy Cluch Tool is not a clutch puller. The tool will allow you to change the primary spring and weights with the clutch still on the sled after removing the primary bolt. If you are wanting to remove the clutch you will still need your clutch puller - if you are just changing the weights or the spring you can use the Tool.

The Dummy Clutch Tool is more or less a clutch compressor.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes sorry its not exactly a puller. My bad I will edit it. Yes its for removing the weights and springs while its on the sled.

BUT it still is too big. I emailed the company and never heard anything back yet.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes, the early twins use a smaller diameter threads on the clutch puller. The Dummy tool will need the same diameter threads.

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
945 Posts
http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/Bunker_Hill_Clutch_Tool.html

its says not for 97-99 twins with 14mm threads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts