Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me before I go broke replacing light bulbs!! I can't keep headlights or tailights in my '94 Storm. I have burned through 5 headlights. I thought it was a wiring issue and I did discover a flakey ground at the instrument panel that I repaired. The lights will work for a while then the high beam usually blows first followed by the low beam. This time the brake and tail lights packed up too!! Please give me some items to check out befroe I go crazy..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sounds like ur voltage regulator could be bad, have a dealer run a scan

·
Registered
193 Posts
Originally posted by fullthrottlemod
[br]4th-voltage regulator. i actually had the opposite problem. everything worked BUT my tach. ended up bein the regulator
well I just stumbled upon this post using search....your comment is interesting to me. If you read my post "no electrical power" i have a problem with absolutely no lights anywhere (no green lights on the handlebars no headlights no tail lights no instrument lights)....and just before i bought this sled the previous owner said the RPM tach quit working....i'm currently searching around for a ground or a broken wire maybe i have a fried regulator? Any way to test with a multimeter?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Attach the leads to the positive and then to ground with an AC volt meter. Then start the sled. Rev the the sled to 3,000 RPM. The meter should read 25VAC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts