Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got it running and cleaned the carbs put them back on now it wont idle at all when i let off the throttle it acts like i shut it off new plugs gas and what not it is still when you throttle it you gotta have the choke on half before it will run some what right picks up speed but. i have never messed with one of these sleds. nick

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
well i think you should post the sled, year, model and engine size. then maybe people with the similar problem might jump in and help you.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sry it is a 90 exciter 570 lc electric start if that has anything to do with it but if need more info ask i need help fast going riding tomorrow. nick

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
what adjustments did you take out or move in the carbs while cleaning them?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
back to where they where other then that it is the way it was just cleaner.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
well see maybe you move one of the screws when putting it back in or something just look at one carb and then check the other and change them so they are the same, if different.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i will check when i go back out to the garage with the adjustments but why would it when i let off the throttle it acts like i turn the key off? nick

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well on the thumb part you guys know how there is some play on the part where it connects to the handle bars you let it go and dies you push it back and runs. i dont know. nick

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
try adjusting the throttle cable. so when you let of the throttle it just shuts right down or kinda slowly dies? might be the throttle cable adjustment might have been moved when cleaning.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
there should be a whitish knob closer to the rear of the carbs twist that clockwise and then try to start it. that is the throttle cable adjustment.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have tried adjusting the one you describe and still does it is there a sensor in the thumb peice.

·
Registered
108 Posts
By pass the TORS switches on the carbs & see if thats it. Sounds like it. Just un plug them & loop the terminals with a piece of wire.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
those are the wires that go into the carbs right if so i will try that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i tried that and it idled but still not very good i think i need to pull the carbs again and clean them. it pops out the exhaust and it hardly wont run with out the choke half way on.nick

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey guys just got it back together and the wires that go to the carbs on both they where broke on both i did what crazed said and recleaned the carbs and i do thank you alot guys for the help this thing is going to be faster then my other sled i know the speedo is off but i have the back of the sled up and it hits 90 on it hehehe this is going to be fun again thanks guys i do appreciate it alot. nick

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok guys i took it out today it ran good until it acted like it was geting to much gas but hardly smoking if you know what i mean let it sit for 10 20 minutes start it up and run good then do it agian could this be because of the filter in the tank??? please help. nick

·
Registered
5 Posts
umm i would have to say that it might be too gas rich of a mix? do you mix your gas and pour it into the tank or just add gas and mix it with n in line mixer?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont mix the gas its got a oil injector on it. and it is full.nick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts