Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out for the second ride on the ext 580/prowler 440 remix yesterday, ran great all day!! At the end of the day on the way home it died. We got it running again and rove about 4-5 miles when it started to go slower and slower. It got to the point where it could not drive and carry a person. We haven't torn it down yet, but it seems there is no compression on the clutch side. We think it is pistion scoring, or possilby crank seal gone. Anybody have similar problems? Any opinions?

·
Registered
764 Posts
could be rings shot. Or hole in the piston, or ya your crank seal could be gone and all your fuel is pouring out there.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
well before you rebuild it need to fine the cause ,probly ,if it runs yet spray some either around the pto seal,could be base gaskets, carb boots or even the crankcase halves

·
Registered
169 Posts
Same thing happened on my Ultra, quit running then got it going. I never drove it to failure, but I went far enough to take out the cylinder. Expensive lesson. If I hadn't drove it after the trouble, I probably could have just replaced the piston and rings.

Trev

·
Registered
147 Posts
my ext 580 only idles on one cylinder for some reason. Cant figure it out it wont idle on the clutch side. kinda the same problem i guess but mine still goes good when it is not at an idle

·
Registered
764 Posts
probly have to re calibrate the carbs, its not giving that carb enough gas it sounds like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts