Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My antifreeze bottle cap fell off my sled. My question is does artic cats have same bottle top?The only dealership open near me on saturday is a Artic cat shop.
I have a 03 700 rmk polaris

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
that would be a gamble, I guess I've never had the need to see if one brands parts would swap out like that. I know this isn't much help, but hopefully you can come up with something that works for you.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
actually alot of the caps you find in auto part stores are the same but offhand i cant think on the part number

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I was just looking at pics between motors (Antifreeze Caps) and they looked like they could work on each other so maybe a Arctic Cat Cap will work on your Polaris.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Do like my auto shop teacher and Duct-Tape a spray paint cap over it.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by mackinsaw
[br]Do like my auto shop teacher and Duct-Tape a spray paint cap over it.
Do you even know the point of a pressure cap? There is a reason it says 13 pounds or whatever on the cap. I wouldnt listen to your teacher if he doesnt even know that pretty basic piece of information.

Kessler by any chance do you know the pressure your cap was designed for. If so just go to an auto store and find the same cap but there are different sizes so make sure it is the same fit.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by butcher_boy
[br]I think he is referring to the expansion jug.
Ahhh. Then duct tape will do just fine![:D]

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I just went out and took a cap off my ZR 580 and put it on the 800 RMK, same lbs, fit is perfect (13 lbs).

Also, on Polaris sleds, the expansion bottle holds the pressure cap, you could not substitute a non-pressurized duct tape version ;)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Make sure to check why it fell off, I believe there is a problem with EDGE Caps coming off due to the hole getting oblong. Just a thought.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for the info bought the last Cat cap,how lucky was that?Oh ya it fits great,but the only bad thing is now i have cat parts on my sled.(lol)atleast its made in america

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Originally posted by butcher_boy
[br]^^^ Was that teachers name Larry the cable guy?

Im not even kidding, he has one of the later el tigre's and there is a spray paint cap duct taped on there, the seat is patched on by a combination a duct tape and a bungie cord. The track is missing many lugs, the nose cone is all makeshift and rivets. I almost bought it off him for a couple hundred bucks ths year to beta around on.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Hmm. I forgot what kind of sled I had, but, we used one from a car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts