Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So I'm trying to decide what sled to get. I have narrowed it down to the M1000 2-stroke, or the Apex Mountain 4-stroke. I love the look of both, But I have not been able to ride the Apex. I rode an M7 last year. Man what a sled!! But I do like the longevity of the 4-stroke. Any info of any kind would help. Thanks[?]

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
those are 2 very different sleds you got there. and the m7 is nothing like the m1000 from what I here. I would get on both and see what you think. don't let people steer you wrong by saying the apex is not a good boonedocker. it is. nothing wrong with it. it is however heavy when you get stuck. everyone on this site is biest about the yamahas, so I can tell you right not the majority will say get the m1000. I think you need to ride them yourself and come back and tell us what you think.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
^^He couldn't of said it better. It seems like People here really are biased against anything that isnt a triple two-stroke.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I may be considered a little biased but i think the M1000 will be the better sled. Like you said the M7 is a great sled and responds perfectly to rider input. And with a couple cheap mods it looks like the M1000 can be getting close to 190hp. The Apex wont be that far off boondocking ability since its isnt that much heavier than the M1000. And the Apex may last a little longer but who really needs a sled to last 50,000 miles anyways. I can rebuild the entire topend on my sled for less than $400. All i can say is you really cant go wrong with either sled. Each will put a permagrin on your face.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The apex is a great sled. But my prefrence would be the M1000 I love the 2-stroke power but the Apex sounds so sweet. I would also prefer the lighter sled however Yamaha has done a great job on weight reduction on there sleds and there is no one who will be able to compeat with a 4-stroke against yamaha for a long time they have there program togather.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
apex m1000
-will probably be teh better pint and shoot climber -lighter
-cheaper(in price) - more money
-u can turbo and many other mods - turbo for it too
-more low end power - better boondocker
-better track

i have much experience with the apex but none with the m1000 but do like wy rider said go ride them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts