Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so heres the deal. Im currently saving to swoop up a used sled. i live in PC Utah and there is a bunch of great deals. I just have no idea what models have what problems. Ive been looking at a lot of 04-06 Skidoo summit 800s. 05ish polaris RMK 700s, and 04-06 m7s. Are there any re-occurring problems with the 05ish models in general? Or for every model their own defaults. Anyone that could help in anyway, would be greatly appriciated. thanks to all! winters just around the corners. +++PRAY FOR SNOW+++

·
Registered
527 Posts
well, I don't have much experience with polaris so I am afraid that I won't be much of a help on this topic. But I do want to welcome you to the site, stick around. . . There are a bunch of great guys and girls that are always willing to help out. Not to mention there is hardly any drama here and if there is its all in good fun. Enjoy the forum

·
Registered
454 Posts
The Polaris RMK 700 is a very good and dependable twin. Its a strong motor and ive heard no one bad mouth that sled. Is it a 136,144 or what length is the track. 144 and up would be best if your riding the mountains. Im not familar with ACs or the Doos. But i perfer and love the Poos. Welcome to the site and the obsestion known as snowmobiling.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
parkcity, it looks like you're going to be doing deep snow/mountain riding?
If so, the RMK 700 would be great. I really love the 700 motor, very powerful. It has a 144 inch track, lugs are probably around 2 inches long. I can't testify for AC or Doo either, as I am brand loyal to Polaris[:D]

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Arctic cat makes some very good mountain sleds, and their engines have prooved to be very reliable. The summits should be very good also.

·
Registered
242 Posts
if you were to get a 700 polaris...i would get a sled with a pre-Cleanfire engine..but if you do go with a 700 cleanfire, you must contact IndyDan, and talk to him about the sled

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I would take a look at the 2006 m7's they were pretty good sleds when they first came out, not really any problems that i know of either.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Depends, The 05 700 CFI's werent that great if I remember.... If you can look for the 07 700 Dragon RMK's. They were great with the 700 CFI motor which is known for its wide power band, which is perfect for longtracks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BrianLee said:
The Polaris RMK 700 is a very good and dependable twin. Its a strong motor and ive heard no one bad mouth that sled. Is it a 136,144 or what length is the track. 144 and up would be best if your riding the mountains. Im not familar with ACs or the Doos. But i perfer and love the Poos. Welcome to the site and the obsestion known as snowmobiling.
ya im looking at 151 tracks or higher. im in the wasatch front in UT so it def gets deep

parkcityparadise said:
Ok so heres the deal. Im currently saving to swoop up a used sled. i live in PC Utah and there is a bunch of great deals. I just have no idea what models have what problems. Ive been looking at a lot of 04-06 Skidoo summit 800s. 05ish polaris RMK 700s, and 04-06 m7s. Are there any re-occurring problems with the 05ish models in general? Or for every model their own defaults. Anyone that could help in anyway, would be greatly appriciated. thanks to all! winters just around the corners. +++PRAY FOR SNOW+++
thanks everyone for the feedback. im def leaning towards a RMK 700 or a Summit 800. both 151 track or more. when i look into buying a sled and check it out what are some major things that i should look for???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts