Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intermitent spark and my kill switch works intermitently too. I had the dealer replace the caps for my spark plugs and then these problems started. It really sucks. Most of the time the sled runs great, but now it is near to impossible to start, If it does start it will idle and then bog out when I give it gas. If I dont touch it for two days it will probably start first pull. I rode it for three hours today and it felt amazing and then right as I am done it is dying on me. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
what kind of sled,motor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
98 RMK 700 with about 3000 miles on it. I just cleaned the carbs and changed the plugs. Everything was running great but after ripping around today my spark started acting up. What the hell do you think it could be? Same thing happened last season, but after letting her sit all summer she started right up and had no problem with the spark untill now. The kill however has been working intermitiently earlier this season but worked totally fine today. I don't get it. I need to fix this so I can go ride.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Replace your kill switch and see if that helps, if you have been having problems with it, I would think it might be having an effect with your spark problems since the kill swith KILLS your spark....the spark is intermitting and the kill switch is intermitting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My sled will start but after running for a while it bogs out and I can't restart it. But if I wait a day or two it will start first pull and then the same thing it just dies and it wont start? Any one have a similar experience?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fuel filter was ok. If it is my kill switch should it still start if I unplug the wires. I got my sled used and its key is disconnected the kill switch works sometimes and I think the kill on the throttle is broken as well. If anyone has any more ideas on anything I can do that would be awesome

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Try disconnecting all of the switches and try to start it. they ground the mag and kill the spark to shut the motor off. Keep in mind you not be able to shut it off without them if it works. Look athe wires and be sure none are shorting. Also I'd check wiring plugs for good connections. A few thoughts, maybe helps or not. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Originally posted by Ultra680
[br]Try disconnecting all of the switches and try to start it. they ground the mag and kill the spark to shut the motor off. Keep in mind you not be able to shut it off without them if it works. Look athe wires and be sure none are shorting. Also I'd check wiring plugs for good connections. A few thoughts, maybe helps or not. Good luck.
yep[:D]

·
Registered
8 Posts
just make it all easier on yourself and unplugg your kill switch and trottle sensor and put a tether on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts