Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm calling on everyone to lend me their vast knowledge to solve my problem. I have this Yamaha SRX, it has been running great but getting harder to start. Now it won't fire by pulling it over. It will fire once when I turn the kill switch off and pull it over. The only way to start it is to turn the kill switch off and have someone turn it on while I'm pulling it over. When it's running it still runs great. It's not the key, kill switch or the CDI.

Grace me with your expertice everyone, I'm hoping there is something simple I've forgotten to check.

·
Registered
67 Posts
your throtle safety switch maybe not engagint ,,
for example if your throtle cable is loose the switch doesn't make contact and the switch is conected ti the kill switch ,,

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your post. I have already checked it. It's easy on Yamahas, it's mounted right on the carb. But that's the kind of advice I was looking for, something simple that gets overlooked. I hope it isn't something like my flywheel magnets losing their power. Does anyone have a service manual that can tell me how much output there should be?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'm not a yamaha guy, but are you sure there isnt a throttle safety devide up in the handlebar, that gets input off of the throttle lever? If not i guess i would try unplugging the throttle safety switch on the carb and try to start it to be sure it is working properly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a sled like that, but instead of not firing, it would shut down, the key and the kill switch both would not turn the sled off. Just had to pull the plugs wires to get er' to shut down. Makes you look like a real boner at the gas station or a bar.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still looking for some help. I tested the mag and it's putting out the proper juice. Could there be a regulator that is screwing me up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts