Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HERES THE DEAL MY BUDDY HAS A FORMULAIII 600 TRIPLE WITH 2,500MI. HE WEIGHS 260LBS. I OWN A 1998 MACH 1 700 TRIPLE WITH 700MI. I WEIGH 190LBS. MACH1 IS BONE STOCK EXCEPT FOR STUDS.FORMULA IS STOCK HE HAS STUDS SAME DESIGN SAME AMOUNT THATS IT. HE SWITCHED HIS GEARS AND ADJUSTED THE STAHL SPEED I GUESS YOU WOULD SAY. IM NOT SURE WHAT RPM HIS HOOKS AT AND HE WONT TELL ME THE GEARING. HIS SLED IN A DRAG RACE KICKS MY SLEDS ASS RIGHT OUT OF THE HOLE AND INTO TOPEND ILL NEVER PASS HIM. WE SWITCHED SLEDS AND I WHOOPED HIM BAD WHEN I ROAD HIS FORMULA.SO WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE MY SLED GO ABOUT 90MPH MAX AND **** AND GET OUT OF THE HOLE? I ONLY WANT TO CHANGE THE GEARING AND RPM ENGAGE SPEED. MY SLED RIGHT NOW HOOKS AT 5,000 RPM'S. HELP PLEASE IM DESPERATE TO WHOOP HIM[V].
Thank you
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I beleive to gain a better hole shot you need to drop a tooth or two on the top gear. you might have to go drop a link on your chain, not sure. If your engaging at 5000, I'd start with the gearing and see what you get. As 5000, is roughly around 1000 higher than what the stock engagement should be.

Also, take your cap lock off! there's no need to type a whole post in caps!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I'd just go with the gearing and see where you end up, the higher engagement should help.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
change your gearing drop 1 or 2 off the top. different rear idler wheels like 8 inch wheels may help they make your track tighter. you could look at a pipe that gains hp. how much money are you lookign to spend? we'll have a better idea on what you could do if we knew how much money you wanted to spend.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i would drop 2 teeth on the top gear and maybe go 1 larger on the bottom gear, then after that if you still aren't winning, then look at your clutching, and add horses that way. just my .02

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would go down 2 teeth then add some heavier pins(around 2 grams) to the clutch and use a 250/380 spring it is a part #417-222-004 color white/ white and adjust your clickers for 8400 rpm

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
so if your stock gearing is 26/43 your stock gearing ratio is 1.65
going to a ratio of 23/43 your gearing ratio changes to 1.87

·
Registered
3 Posts
just put sugar in his gas tank lol
Originally posted by skilled4reel
[br]HERES THE DEAL MY BUDDY HAS A FORMULAIII 600 TRIPLE WITH 2,500MI. HE WEIGHS 260LBS. I OWN A 1998 MACH 1 700 TRIPLE WITH 700MI. I WEIGH 190LBS. MACH1 IS BONE STOCK EXCEPT FOR STUDS.FORMULA IS STOCK HE HAS STUDS SAME DESIGN SAME AMOUNT THATS IT. HE SWITCHED HIS GEARS AND ADJUSTED THE STAHL SPEED I GUESS YOU WOULD SAY. IM NOT SURE WHAT RPM HIS HOOKS AT AND HE WONT TELL ME THE GEARING. HIS SLED IN A DRAG RACE KICKS MY SLEDS ASS RIGHT OUT OF THE HOLE AND INTO TOPEND ILL NEVER PASS HIM. WE SWITCHED SLEDS AND I WHOOPED HIM BAD WHEN I ROAD HIS FORMULA.SO WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE MY SLED GO ABOUT 90MPH MAX AND **** AND GET OUT OF THE HOLE? I ONLY WANT TO CHANGE THE GEARING AND RPM ENGAGE SPEED. MY SLED RIGHT NOW HOOKS AT 5,000 RPM'S. HELP PLEASE IM DESPERATE TO WHOOP HIM[V].
Thank you
[email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 1995 670 mach 1 and I dropped 4 teeth off the top gear bringing it to a 19/43. top speed is 85mph acceleration: NOW. all i need is studs and I'm gone. Not sure if I was supposed to replace any pins or anything that which someone was recommending but for 3 years, so far so good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.