Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the fastest easiest way to get my snowmobile to pick up the gas again? I blew into the tank and got it to the water seperator, but can't to get it passed there! Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It should suck gas again on its own pretty quickly. My guess if you have been pulling it a lot with no fire that the pick up fell off. This happened on my Gf's sled about a month ago when we were working on it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do u mean the pick up fell off?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
platic hose inside the tank the sucks fuel from the bottom of the tank. You can check if it fell off by unscrewing the fitting on the backside of the tank (behind airbox, by steering stem). When you unscrew it the hose should be on the back side, if its not youll have to fish it out of there and reattach it, or make a new one.

Also when you unscrew the fitting, note your fuel level in the tank first, so you dont have gas pouring out of it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Install a primer. Or you could pour a capful of gas down each cylinder. A running sled will pull gas quicker.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I would also put some gas down the cylinders. but if its not sucking anything when your pulling it over and over you might want to clean your fuel pump. also check and see if the suction line from your carb to your crankcase is still hooked up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts