Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1975 artic cat cheetha 440. i got it for free from friend cause he didnt want to fix it. i got it home started riping on it and i had no spark. so i took the fly wheel off and checked the magneto. every thing looked fine. so i put i back together again. i dont think there is any thing rong with the coil. so the cdi box? any way i can test it like at a shop or somthing or is there no tests i can run. thanks for any info

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
there is but you will have to find some one who knows the specks

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what you mean specks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
when using a multi meter you can detrmine if the cdi is f$#ked or not it is in ohms i belive.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should my local dealer have one that he can test it with. and if it not my cdi then it must be my coil thanks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i bought one for a 440 cheeta this winter it was after market and cost 95 bucks cad it solved the problem.if your cdi is under your carbs you may have to move it because it is to hot under there

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on mine the cid is mounted to the left of the recoil. ill try to keep in touch ill c if i can get it tested. thanks for info im out for night

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ill bet anything its the cdi box. I have a 75 pantera 440 and it eats cdi boxs all the time and there 100 bucks a pop so i dont ride it anymore for that reason.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dam that sucks. ill still test it that dont cost me anything. just to c if it is.

·
Registered
998 Posts
try pulling your boots off, and making sure there is lots of wire showing, and make sur its not curoded(spl) and when you put them back on, but em on good, give them afew turns aswell!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Did u disconnect the kill wires yet? My 79 El tigre had no spark and i disconnected the factory tether and bingo it worked great.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when i got it there was no key or key slot it way just unpluged and i tryed unpluging the kill switch to nothing no spark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts