Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1987 Eltigre' that I just got a couple of weeks ago . Ran great on last Friday , then went to go for a ride on Sunday , and nothing .[xx(] I,m not getting any spark at all . I have voltage coming out of the stator wire plug , replaced the CDI , and external coil , still no spark. [:(!]Not even a flicker in the lights when pulled over ?? Anyone out there have an idea ? Or anyone have wiring diagram for this sled[?]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Spark plug wires could be bad. replace or atleast check the caps[:D]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by BoonDock
[br]Spark plug wires could be bad. replace or atleast check the caps[:D]
I already replaced the coil w/plug wires on it.[8D]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still haven't had any luck . Anyone have good knowledge of ARCTIC CAT sleds , around the year of mine ( 87' ) [?] Where can I get a repair manual for this sled [?] Looked everywhere , find none for the 87' El tigre w/ 530 L/C . [:(] STILL NO DARN SPARK !!

·
Registered
128 Posts
take a look at your stator sometimes the wires will rot in half. a good meter will give you a false reading through that green corosion you will get a voltage reading thru that crap but it can not pass enough current to run your engine. hard thing to exsplain but you have to see if you can put a current thru it backwards ie from a battery and check for current or scratch spark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks , but I already checked E-Bay - can find all kinds of manuals, but the one I need .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I figured something might be wrong with the stator . Testing was showing very little voltage . I'm going to replace it this weekend , Hope this works - electral parts are costing alot of cash ! [8D] Thanks for the help everyone I'll check back to let you know what the verdict is , later. [:D]

·
Registered
82 Posts
akeel35

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/SNOWMOBILE/1987/1987ELTIGRE(530)(0650-015-1987)/ELECTRICAL.htm

This link is only for a 530, and not for a 530 L/C, but would this help? (I am not sure myself what electrical differences would exist between the two models)

... you may have to cut and paste the link to get the whole thing.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Replaced the stator assembly this afternoon and she fired right up ! [:D] Runs like a dream , This thing is pretty fast - gonna have to stud the track though , it just spins and shoots rooster tails all the way across the field . Thanks for everyones input , [8D] I'll still be looking for the manual for it , Anyone got one they want to get rid of [?]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts