Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some new bars for my pro-x, I was thinking the fly aero tapered freeride bar. Would they be good for dtchbanging and powder? also would I need extensions for the 45 mm rise it describes. Also, any suggestions on grips would be good, I was planning on getting the fly 8" grips. Would a fly handlebar pad fit over my current riser?

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
Since fly bars are bigger diameter you might have to get a fly riser to. Is yours a articulating riser you have now? I have a fly riser and bar pad. The bar pad worked on my factory riser to with some light modifing.
[attachment=49341]

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to keep the risers on my snowmobile, so should i get the oversized clamp and pad kit so it would fit, would this be less reliable?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have an 03 pro x and i put fly aero tapered bars on mine. i did not need to get different risers or clamps. i got fly grips that will not work. ther is a screw that mounts the grip to the bar and the throttle hits that. get a grip that you have to glue on. the only problem i got is that i cannot fit my handgaurds on my bars cause they bend down and the gaurd mount does not work on a bend.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the fly grips measured 8" and I went out and measured mine and they were about 5 1/2 in. I'll probably just get some grips off of SLP since my friend did and they are pretty nice. I think I still need bar clamps since my risers are 7/8 and the bars are 1 1/8, if anyone knows if they fit right into my risers that would be appreciated. thanks for the comments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts